Oldham Athletic welcome Grimsby Town to Boundary Park this weekend, as they go head to head in League Two.
Written by Tom Pearce, Oldham Picks Predictor (@tompearce97)
This will be the 74th meeting between the two sides, with the first coming in 1907, in which Oldham came out 2-0 winners.
It’s not a game that’s been played too much recently, with just six meetings since the turn of the century.
The Latics do have a good record though, going unbeaten in seven games against Grimsby, though that does date back to 1997.
That includes the reverse fixture, where the deadlock couldn’t be broken in a 0-0 draw, but how will tomorrow’s game play out?
Oldham Athletic Form
It was a comfortable win for Keith Curle’s side in the week as they brushed aside Harrogate Town in a 3-0 win.
That was their third win in four games, and they have picked up nine points form their last six. They now find themselves sitting in seventh place in the form table.
Oldham have been a bit inconsistent at home recently as well, as they have alternated between winning and losing in the past few games at Boundary Park.
Grimsby’s misery continued as they sit bottom of the table after their 3-0 loss at home to Morecambe on Tuesday.
They have also won just one game in their last six, accumulating six from a possible 18. That means they currently sit in 19th place in the form table.
As well as that, they have won just one away game from their last 12 on the road, with eight coming as losses.
Your Picks For Oldham Picks – Oldham Athletic v Grimsby Town
- Will Oldham Athletic score in the first half? Yes (84%)
- Will Oldham score in the second half? Yes (86%)
- How many goals will Oldham score? 3 (39%)
- How many goals will Oldham concede? 1 (47%)
- How many saves will Oldham goalkeepers make? 3 (34%)
- How many shots on target will Dylan Bahamboula have? 1 (49%)
- How many shots on target will Callum Whelan have? 0 (73%)
- Will Alfie McCalmont score? No (70%)
- Will Conor McAleny score? Yes (64%)
- Will Nicholas Adams assist a goal? No (86%)
- How many tackles will Kyle Jameson make? 1 (46%)
- How many tackles will Cameron Borthwick-Jackson make? 1 (44%)
Disagree with the above picks?
There is another £250 to be won on the Oldham Picks app for Wednesday’s game against Grimsby Town.
Entry is FREE!
Get your picks in before the 3:00pm kick-off.
You must be 18+ to play. T&C’s apply. Please play responsibly. Begambleaware.org.